Egalite International and UPEACE graduate student Ms Shakhnoza Muminova invite you to participate in the survey, which can help Ukrainians access peace studies at UN-Mandated University for Peace (UPEACE) in Costa Rica. Information about the university can be found at https://www.upeace.org/pages/informational-materials.
In the framework of her graduation project, she is now working on supporting the UPEACE administration in developing a special proposal for bringing students from Ukraine to UPEACE for a one-year Master-degree study in Costa Rica. Given the war in Ukraine, we believe it is very important to provide Ukrainian youth with the opportunity to receive a quality education dedicated to peace and stability to enable them to take on leadership roles in rebuilding the country in a post-conflict period. Such an opportunity could be created by a scholarship fund at UPEACE with the purpose of providing post-graduate education opportunities for 20-50 people from Ukraine per academic year at its campus in San Jose, Costa Rica. All fields of study at UPEACE are related to peace from different perspectives (more on it below).
The thematic areas offered in our university go far beyond just academic qualifications and are very practical. We believe this is exactly what is strongly needed right now, and it will remain so for many years. In fact, the fields of study that we provide touches upon the fields in which may be interesting for many institutions and individuals. Here is a list of programmes that UPEACE offers:
- Environment Development and Peace;
- Responsible Management and Sustainable Economic Development;
- Water Cooperation & Diplomacy;
- Natural Resources and Sustainable Development;
- Development Studies and Diplomacy;
- Ecology & Society;
- Religion, Culture and Peace;
- Gender and Peacebuilding;
- Peace Education;
- International Peace Studies;
- Media, Peace and Conflict;
- International Law and Human Rights;
- International Law and Diplomacy;
- Transnational Crime and Justice;
- Indigenous Science and Peace;
- International Law and Settlement of Disputes.
Egalite International supports the idea of Ms Muminova and invites all our visitors to fill in a short questionnaire related to peace studies and the prospective participation of Ukrainian students in these activities.
Thanks much for your participation!